We Are Passionately...
…envisioning resilient Central Coast ecosystems and communities, where nature and people thrive;
…driving the mission to conserve and restore freshwater and near shore marine ecosystems throughout California’s Central Coast;
…reaching sustainable solutions for both working lands and natural areas through: scientific studies that inform restoration and conservation solutions for private landowners, public agencies, and allied nonprofits; partnerships that leverage and catalyze effectiveness; programs that engage students, adults, and stakeholders in conservation and watershed science.
Add your passion to ours to carry out our mission with excellence!
We Take Action By...
- Monitoring the quality and quantity of streamflows to inform design projects that benefit aquatic ecosystems in Central Coast watersheds.
- Providing practical water management solutions to public and private partners to help develop secure and resilient water supplies for people and nature.
- Getting people out into nature with impactful practices that forever connect us to the lands and waters that sustain us and to create capable “eco stewards” that thrive on the Central Coast.
- Honesty, Integrity, Transparency: Trust, respect, and honesty are core to our culture. We believe that scientific integrity is vital to solve problems and make informed decisions about our collective future. We have a deep responsibility to our supporters, our partners, our community, and one another to uphold the highest standards of ethical and financial integrity in our work
- Creativity: Where the status quo no longer works, we find ways to solve hard conservation problems.
- Equity, Equality, Inclusion: We believe that everyone deserves a chance to learn from – and form a lifelong relationship with – nature. We cultivate a culture where we and the people we serve are valued, respected, and celebrated. Period. We believe that diverse communities are stronger and more resilient, both in nature and in human society.
California's Central Coast
The rugged beauty of the Central Coast is a beloved treasure to millions around the globe. People depend on these lands and waters for agriculture and urban economic interests. Creek Lands Conservation is dedicated to helping Central Coast communities find balance between human activities and healthy ecosystems.